Congratulations on your engagement, and thank you for considering McKayla Marie Sweets for your desserts! Here’s how it’ll go down:
1. Shoot us an email to confirm your wedding date. Due to limited kitchen space and bakery hands, we typically only accept one wedding per weekend. It’s never too early to start planning!
2. Once your date is confirmed, let’s set up a tasting! It is a nonrefundable $50 charge for 2 people.
· Cake tasting: Choose 4 different flavor combinations to taste
· Cupcake tasting: Choose 5 different flavors to taste
· Dessert tasting: Choose 6 different products (cupcakes, cookies, cookie sandwiches, bars, or macarons) to taste
3. After your tasting, we will email you a quote for the total cost, including the desserts, delivery and set up fee, and cake stand rental. Should you choose to book with us, you will need to sign our contract. As soon as the contract is signed, your date will be reserved. A $100 deposit will need to be made at this time, and the remainder of the balance will be due 2 weeks before the wedding date.
4. We’ll see you on the big day! Don’t stress about a thing – we will be there to deliver, set up, and make sure that your dessert display looks exactly as you dreamed it would.
How far in advance should I secure my date?It’s never too early! We only allow one wedding each weekend, so your date may fill fast! We typically recommend 6 months in advance, as you’ll need to have your venue, florist, and other details already planned.
What should I expect at my cake tasting?We typically spend, at maximum, an hour tasting the dessert and discussing your cake. Come prepared with ideas, pictures, color swatches, and any other inspiration you may have!
How much do you charge?Our cakes begin at $6.00 a serving, and vary based on filling flavor and design. If you have a budget, let us know!
Do you deliver?Yes – we love to set up your cake to ensure it makes it to the venue looking the same way it left our shop. We do have an $85 delivery and set up fee for venues within 10 miles from the bakery, and charge by the mile with venues outside of that range.
Do you rent cake stands?We have an array of various sizes and styles, but if you don’t see what you’re looking for, you may provide your own. We do charge a $50 deposit for rentals, and $25 will be refunded upon the return of our stands. We do not provide any cake toppers or cake knives.
Do you do fondant cakes?Buttercream is our specialty, but we will consider a fondant cake on occasion. Fondant and the Wisconsin humidity don’t get along, and there is nothing worse than a sweaty cake on your wedding day!